Friday 3 September 2010

Let It Burn!

Well its been two months since I was last feeling a bit on the 'downside' should I say about a great deal that was going in life.
But after taking a big step back, I've now taken a giant leap forward, after redefining my issues and reigniting that spark again.

I guess all I needed was a bit of a breather.
I've been working constantly with 'Christian' for the past five years and making amends with a lot of it, certainly did take its toll, but on top of that I was dealing with some personal issues too that were knocking me on my arse. Trying to juggle all that would certainly knock the strongest contender on their arses.
But after getting things back on track and looking at the 15-hours of rushes we got so far along with seeing some scenes edited together, plus the first teaser trailer now released. Its added fuel to my fire which is now burning brighter than ever.

My love for film is back! I've already wrote a few synopsis for more production ideas for both screen and radio. I've been working as an actor again including doing voice-over work for other productions and even been offered a chance to make a return to radio, which could happen later in the new year.
But my priority at present is 'Christian' and getting that completed, promoted, sold and out-there!

The feedback from the footage I've released so-far has been very positive.
One fellow-tweeter told me its like 'Torchwood' and 'Angel' rolled into one, which I thought was a nice complement.
I've also noticed recently that another major studio have also started to follow us on both twitter and the official website, so its certainly getting noticed.

As for developing 'Christian' into a television series, well that is certainly beginning to take shape. I've been passed ideas for new characters and story-lines, plus been writing a few ideas down myself.
However, with a possible private funder wanting to talk as well as a UK broadcaster showing interest at picking up the series. I seriously need to sit back and look at how to move this project forward, especially being the creator, writer and director. I need to think what stories would make a great television programme that a world-wide audience would want to watch or it could end up being a one season wonder.

During the current shoot I've had ideas being thrown at me from all directions. Yeah, its been great watching the cast make the characters their own and filming ideas that have been suggested throughout have been very creative. But I need to start tightening the reigns again and look at every idea being passed to me and think would that idea seriously work in a series? Its those decisions as creator, writer and director of 'Christian' I need to make, especially when there's the potential of funding and a major UK broadcaster showing interest.
I need to make the right decisions that will bring these people on board. Hell, they will have major input on the production if they do come on board as its their money at the end of the day, and they'll most certainly would want to make sure their money is invested wisely, so they could even over-rule my decisions on anything. There's nothing stopping them sacking everyone and bringing in a whole new team. Or they could be prepared to work with the crew I've got now and expand on that.

But all that matters right now is that we do things right with this feature length pilot, otherwise we won't get a series or funding. It would be five-years work thrown away and I'm not prepared to let that happen.
Personally and this is coming from the horse's mouth no matter what's been said on the 'rumour mill'. I believe I've got a fantastic cast, who have worked their arses off despite the working conditions I've put them through and I'm truly proud of the work they've done. I can't say a bad thing about any of them and the same can be said about the crew.

After seeing some of the footage that's been produced, I'm now going to take the bull by its horns and make sure that we finish what's been started and we continue to produce the same results we've seen so far.

Also, one of the most positive ways to continue getting the results I need is to crack the whip and bring an end to the 'rumour mill' that I keep hearing about.
That's playground banter and if anyone has a problem with someone, you should confront that person directly and not through a third person who might tell you anything that might fuel the fire more without hearing it direct.
There's nothing more I hate than chinese whispers amongst people who love to milk the facts.
At the end of the day, If there is a problem, yeah let me know about it and I'll give you the best possible advice as an employer on what to do.Or if you've heard certain 'rumours' about things, I'll tell you straight whether these 'rumours' are true or not. I mean I am the director after all, its me who's got hold of the reigns and got control of this horse, no-one else. Everyone knows their place on this production and I expect those jobs to be done. If there are problems then I'll sort them out, but what everyone has to realise is that the director get's the final say, no-one else and if some people don't like that, then that's their problem nobody else's - simples!

As for Jerry's final thoughts - Keep up the great work. As you can see from the footage released, things are looking good and the production has started to get noticed.
Again, if you've got questions or want to verify rumours or other matters that are floating about. I would like to hear from you direct, even if its just a simple 'hello' to let me know how your doing as I've rarely hear from you. Its good to talk! :D

They'll also be another trailer being released over the coming weeks along with some behind the scenes footage I'm also working on.

See told you the flame was on high ;D

1 comment:

  1. About time you got your Mojo back hun and I for one am proud to be working as your producer, make up artist and actor. You gave Taryn his first experience of acting which he loved. Kira has loved being your little vampire lol, and Josh is happy as your co-director, make up artist and is itching to do his cop scene.

    Just to let you know I am currently working on character bio's a few back stories and the call sheets, was thinking now we could pull filming back into September again, get some stuff in the bag? let me know what you think. I will pop the initial planned call sheets and character stuff over to you shortly. Lets keep the good work going and it is an honour to be working on Christian with you.

    ReplyDelete