Monday 4 January 2010

Bloody Computers!

So I've just been spending most of the day trying to figure out why my PC keeps crashing.
Its a good job I know what I'm doing or this would have cost me a friggin' fortune for someone to open it up, tut, waggle the cables, touch things with the tip of a screwdriver, turn it off and turn it on again, tut again, put the case back on and charge me £150 to say "It was a Windows problem, so I reinstalled it".

When in fact, I opened the casing, tutted, swore, waggled the wires, blew the dust out, coughed, tutted again, rebooted it, had a wee, reinstalled windows on another drive so I could access the faulty drive, tutted some more, said the F-Word, rebooted again after a crash, found the problem to be a partition fault, repaired it, put the case back on for it cost me £0. So jog on PC World! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment